The Town of Dover Highway Department, in collaboration with the Dover Recycling Committee, seeks to provide free and convenient disposal of household waste while encouraging the removal of compostable and recyclable materials.
We encourage all residents to commit themselves to realizing the impact on our environment. It is only through a collaborative effort that we will achieve this goal. Detailed information on Transfer Station policies and procedures can be found here and below.
Access to the Transfer Station
Dover residents may bring trash and recyclable materials to the Transfer Station once they have obtained a current sticker [no charge]. A Transfer Station Sticker Application is available at the Transfer Station or online.
Please see Transfer Station Sticker for detailed instructions and application forms.
Access to the Transfer Station is limited to vehicles with a valid sticker issued by the Town. Stickers must be affixed on the lower driver-side windshield and must include the license plate # of the vehicle. Please see Eligibility & Instructions to obtain a sticker below.
Vehicles eligible for a sticker must be owned or leased by a Dover resident
- Proof of ownership or lease must be substantiated with an active vehicle registration. In cases where a vehicle is leased further documentation will be required to confirm effective ownership.
- Proof of residency may be substantiated with a valid driver's license, property tax bill, lease, utility bill or other similar documentation.
1. Complete and sign this application. Either:
a. bring it to the transfer station with proof of residency and proof of ownership/lease for each vehicle. Transfer Station staff will verify eligibility or
b. complete online or print and mail the application to the Town Garage (2 Dedham Street) and a sticker will be mailed to you for placement on your car per instructions below.
2. Stickers must be permanently affixed to the lower driver-side windshield of the vehicle with the matching license plate.
3. Transfer Station Staff will remove old stickers and affix new ones as needed.
4. Additional copies of the Transfer Station Application for Vehicle Sticker are available at the Transfer Station.
Massachusetts Law Prohibits Recyclables in Trash, Please Separate Your Recyclables
Review this calendar of events.
Find information about the different containers for recycling.
Learn how to get involved.
Dover collaborates with nine other local communities to facilitate for the safe and sustainable disposal of household hazardous waste.
view the general policies and procedures for the Dover Transfer Station including solid waste and recycling information.
Check out lists of recycling and re-use alternatives.
Discover websites with recycling information.
Every effort should be made to recycle, re-use and compost whenever possible.
Your cast-offs may be someone else’s treasure.
Compostable Yard Waste such as leaves, flowers and grass clippings should be placed in the composting area of the Transfer Station.